Quote Originally Posted by Elric VIII View Post
I'm trying to decide how to build my Vuman arcana cleric of Mystra. I have a 32 pb so my stats are 10/14/14/10/16/14. We're only hitting level 15, so I'll miss out on the level 17 ability. I am thinking of multiclassing into sorcerer and focusing on non-save spells so I can ignore cha. How effective would a cleric 8/sorcerer 7 be? Could I contribute well by only upcasting low level spells or are my higher level spells more worth it?
unless you're specifically aiming for a particular level 4 sorcerer spell, i'd probably go 9 cleric/6 sorc. level 5 cleric spells have some pretty nice options imo. i mean, if dimension door and greater invisibility are things you were really dreaming of, then go right ahead, but i think level 9 cleric is pretty good... it gives you 3 more prepared cleric spells, access to restoration (which basically is the "fix everything that doesn't need wish" spell) and raise dead (if you can't raise someone immediately because you lack spell slots, time, or components, access to this is a pretty significant thing).