1. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Something big and strong and robust and unapologetically boorish.

I'm discounting all the options that would boil down to "functionally not a monster", shapeshifters (werewolfs are an edge case as long as they don't have true control over when and where they shift), vampires, things like that. I'm also not going for the biggest total amount of power here, like "Godzilla if he was also a stock market genius who's loved by the ladies and is immortal". I'm assuming some sort of arbitrary power limit and me not wanting to be clever about my choice (because the great healing monster would probably make a bunch of friends, but that's not what I would semi-instinctively would want to be).

Something like a minotaur, or a polar bear, or a Rhydon, or a fasolasuchus, or a Klingon (Deep Space 9 version). Because I look and act a lot like that anyway, but I could advertise it even more. Preferably a version of any of these that can still speak human languages (although bonus languages are a plus, I've always wanted to read Shakespeare in the original Klingon).

Because bam jonguh.

Okay, sure, in reality I would probably go for a human-bird shapeshifter (with makes clothes reappear powers), possibly with healing powers, because it makes life so much easier, but still.

As a compromise between the instinctive and the conscious choice, maybe a gargoyle. One part humanoid, one part awesome, one part flying and zero parts turning to stone when the sun comes up like the Disney ones because much of my favorite stuff happens during the day. Like lunch, and jobs, and meeting a bunch of other people.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-09-07 at 10:41 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!