I've currently got two that I'm trying to get into, but neither one has really grabbed me yet.

I'm just a few pages into Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. It seems to be a fantasy western, and I like that in theory, but the first couple pages haven't quite grabbed me yet.

I've also started the audiobook of Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. I've finished the first disc (so I'm about 1/8 of the way through), and it just feels like nothing is really happening yet. The characters don't seem that interesting and the plot isn't going anywhere yet.

I'm not ready to give up on either one yet, but I'm not really feeling them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
My boss is a big James Patterson fan and so talked me into trying one of his. At more-or-less random I grabbed 'Cross Justice'.
It was entertaining and moved along at a cracking pace even if the characters were very sketchily drawn but I enjoyed it until the end when it took a nose dive into ridiculous sentimentality and melodrama to stuff a happy ending down your throat
The good news is that if you don't like some things about the particular James Patterson book you've just finished, you can either find one written by one of his other collaborators, or wait a couple weeks til whatever his next book is comes out.