Quote Originally Posted by Ranged Ranger View Post
Depending on how you word the google search, you will get back either glory or blessing... Blessing seems to work better with the "fluffy rainbows and glitter" type unicorn than the high magic type in my opinion.

The first is because I have seen numerous stories that mention combat between dragons and unicorns. Since they say the two combat one another rather than saying that one attacks the other, I extrapolate it as implied that a) they're fairly evenly matched and b) that at least sometimes the unicorn is starting the fight. Also since some dragons are more powerful and more aggressive than others, it seems likely that the same might be true of unicorns as well.

The second is based on a number of stories that depict unicorns as the emissaries of divine justice, ensuring that the guilty are punished and the innocent are not, sometimes disposing an unjust tyrant to instate a better ruler. The term "has the High Justice" was derived from one such story by Garth Nix in the anthology Zombies Vs Unicorns (a book that you should definitely read or listen to on Audiobook).
Yeah I prefer either grace or glory to blessing myself. I'll stick with grace to match the SRD (it has more of a "fey" feel, whereas glory would work better for celestials IMHO).

Yes, unicorn vs. the poisonous serpent/dragon is a timeless theme, and was why I made my first unicorns so powerful! :)

Ah cool, I was thinking more a lion vs unicorn theme for the second interpretation, didn't know about that book. I encourage you to homebrew your own conversion, then! :)