Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
The ducksfoot pistol was a real thing, it didn't usually have that many barrels, but despite Wikipedia putting it under "volley guns" it was certainly sold, though I'm not certain it was used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volley_gun
It also looks like a bad reproduction of one (call it a "cargo cult" reproduction). Note the screws holding it together on the side: I really doubt that such screws would be a common fastener in the days of flintlocks (they are surprisingly high tech. Certainly possible to make, but why would you bother screwing things together with machine screws?). When I first looked at it, I assumed it would fire like you say, and then noticed the flintlock. Next guess was some sort of revolver system, where it moved from side to side, but the side barrels appeared to short.

Such a weapon might be carried by an officer (or more likely an NCO) during a bayonet charge in his off-hand (while his main hand held a sword), but I can see that as a low possibility (of course, I'd hate to stand ready with a bayonet while someone fired one at me).

I think the picture is a fake (who would be willing to fire one for testing, anyway?).