Just posting to say that I'm also trying to lose weight (my top value was a bit over 260 pounds, I'm on the way down again), ideally somewhere just below 100 pounds I reckon to get to the 150-160 range, and I used to have one of the weirder problems.

Now generally I tend to lose weight when at home, and I'm at home now, so it's not too hard (when I can remember not to snack), and I'm doing WeightWatchers because I've got no need to lose it quickly. But when I was away I was with people my age who, let me be frank here, have no idea how fat is fat. People would say 'no you're just a bit overweight' when I was less morbidly obese, to the point where I eventually started correcting people.

I think I'm going to have to take up exercise as well, but I'm not in a great position for it right now. At least I walk a lot so I know that I can still manage to get around every day (compared to some people I know of a similar weight, who get out of breath on the tube, I'm rather fit), but I'll see if I can add in any weights or cardio.