Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
I guess you missed my post on the previous page that showed how DB claimed slicing through a hollow moon took nearly as much energy as destroy a solid version of it or how Marada's attack actually hit Naruto putting his Six Sage transformation specs well below light speed.

They also went the route of power scaling on Ichigo which is probably the worst way to quantify things but that's what they went with and the low balled it. Tosen quantifies hollowfication to be more powerful than a bankai even without knowing the scale of his resurrection and this is fairly consistently depicted as during the second major arc Ichigo uses less transformation power stacking than his opponents do. Fragor is also a bad attack to scale off of, you can't see how deep the hole is so it's size is unknown and since it leaves a clean edge of annihilation you can't calculate it's actual or even peak power, just a minimum estimation which is the exact opposite of what they claimed they were trying to do.

It's pretty much DB's calling card. They tilt both sides of their research on the character they expected to win and then sit back as all the discussions draw them clicks & shares.
Considering the sheer mass involved and the fact the animation still shows some significant moon present there they were certainly not out of line using a solid example to gauge power.

As for power stacking I am aware that Ichigo does not seem to be stacking his various forms throughout the series as were they, allowing him to stack them all at once in a multiplicative way was a way to give him more credit from a spiritual power perspective since Master Troll Kubo never gave consistent numbers for power levels and did very little to establish Ichigo's growth as the baseline power for various enemies constantly seemed to vary. Also the hole's depth is irrelevant since as you said we don't have a good shot of its depth, the best way to then calculate is to assume it is at least as deep as it is wide. If you feel there was a better method to calculate the power level other then allowing him to stack his forms by all means share.

And I get what you're saying, I rather despise the show at this point for its general lack of intelectial dishonesty, see my aformentioned complaint about a certain sand ninja getting burgled during his death match or the fact that they have twice had actual material from creators or in universe sources claiming who would win in a fight but went the other way. But there just isn't a lot of room to complain on this one. The best bet you would really have is to point out that Boruto's dad mentions that he has gotten rusty during some of the Boruto material and claim they used a version of him stronger then his current form.