Quote Originally Posted by SkyWriter88 View Post
I think that the "Kiss of Mephistopheles" Hexing Blade option should be renamed to "Blasting Hex", the reason being that to have the option be named after "Mephistopheles" is to kind of bind it to the Fiendish Sorcery Origin, rather than keeping it Origin neutral, as I think it should be
Agreed with a more netural name for Kiss of Mephistopheles. I'll make the change in the next release.

Also, you goofed up on Page 14 of your draft, I can't see half the page. You also goofed up the format of the Celestial Sorcerous Origin on Page 141.
I'll fix these formatting issues in the next version, thanks

And now for something completely different...a question, and that question is: could this "Mana" system be applied to the Monk, as it currently exists somewhere between a half-caster and a non-caster, which can sometimes get confusing?
Monk, by RAW, is essentially a half caster. It could, potentially, allow for for a full caster, but that's be a lot of effort and possibly not the best design. Several problems:
  1. Monk powers all of his abilities via ki, not just spells
  2. Spell list size is currently very very limited. Doing it like I do the other classes would open up the options immensely (in a bad way imo)
  3. Monks are a mix between martial and spellcaster. They have 6 talents instead of 8 to account for the extra class features. A caster could probably keep 6, but it's definitely tricky.

I think #1 and #2 prevent it from being a reality. Otherwise it could probably work.

You also mentioned Hexblade power in a PM. There is a comparison on page 34. Hexblade should be comparable to the other melee casters. Armored Husk is just the same as the scale prof of the other classes, but more flavorful. Compared to the Ranger it has less mana attacks and regains hp when it crits or kills the hexed target. Should be comparable unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the feedback!