Quote Originally Posted by LeonBH View Post
I agree, kind of. I thought at first you can only have one Hound up at a time, which would gimp this class ability (like they can just run away from the Hound and never roll with Disadvantage from your spells), but I checked and found no such restriction.

It does require two of your bonus actions though, which limits your action economy. But then again, the Hound has its own actions, which expands your action economy.
Quote Originally Posted by Dalebert View Post
Even if you only get one spell with disadvantage, it's worth it, but you'll often get more (plus dmg, plus chance of prone). And yes, you can summon more as long as you have sorcery points and bonus actions. You summon it and it just goes. It's out of your control.
yup, it's actually mostly going to be better for your action economy early because the hound attack is probably worth 2-3 dice of cantrip damage. and of course, if they can't escape the hound, you'll get another attack the next round. possibly an opportunity attack too.

hound is a super strong ability. they finally gave sorcerer subclasses some substance, except that now it is showing just how little substance the older sorcerer subclasses had, which sucks for anyone who just wanted to play the old subclasses because they think they're cool.