I think we'll need a few more votes for the thread title. No preference myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
That makes no sense to me. Why would a handbuff mechanic want to be in control? Seems to me it would fit much more comfortably in midrange or aggro - taking already cost-effective minions and giving them even more value.

Also, there is a potential hidden interaction with this card and minions that copy themselves, like Saronite Chain-Gang and Doppelgangster - which, again, fit more comfortably in midrange.
Because the point of the card isn't simply to be a handbuff mechanic, it's that it's infinite value. A weaker form of it than Jade Idol, to be sure, but infinite value nonetheless. As a handbuff mechanic alone, it's pretty weak - we've seen before how badly single-target handbuffs work, and throwing it on a weapon isn't going to change that. Especially not when it's more attack than health, which is a generally undesirable stat array for a buff.

And this into Chain-Gang or Dopplegangster won't work for the same reason Don Honcho into them never did - just too unreliable.

Anyway, the launch. As my freebie legendary weapon, I got... the Hunter one. Aka 400 dust, since I dust all Hunter cards. Well, ain't that an auspicious start?

Opening 25 packs between saved gold and freebies, notable pulls:
Guaranteed early Legendary: Dragoncaller Allanna. Okay, glad this is one I'd actually at least experiment with.
Other Legendary: The Runespear. Ugh, 400 more dust....
Epics: Call to Arms, Dragonhatcher, Astral Tiger, Level Up, Carniverous Cube.
Rare: One Duskbreaker! Yay, it wasn't all a waste!

And I'm now sitting on 4.1k dust. Well, 900 of it's going to another Duskbreaker and two Twilight Acolytes. Just need to figure out what I want with the rest. Might just end up being old cards - I'd like to get in on Raza Priest while it's still in the format, and I have neither him nor Velen. Though at the same time, feels bad crafting a card that's going to rotate out in four months and another that'll probably go back to being bad when that happens...