View Single Post

Thread: What are you playing?

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: What are you playing?

I like to talk about my characters and stuff (obviously).

Currently, I'm playing in one 5th edition campaign, one 3.5 campaign, and running a 5th edition campaign.
    Also, I'm planning to join the 4th edition campaign sometime next year, so I've got my hands full, pretty much.

I guess I'm crazy to have this many projects going on?

The 5th edition campaign I play in, is set in a homebrew world, loosely based on Dawn War premise, although it's not Nentir Vale, per sé.
    My character is a human "barbarian" who just so happens to be a Paladin, who hails from the North, a member of a tribe or clan of semi-nomadic people. Sort of like Uthgardt Barbarians (from Faerūn) I suppose. He's devoted to the Old Faith and the Storm God, Kord. Uses both a hammer and a shield in combat -- both as weapons. So, in short, he's not your standard paladin by a long shot. Plus, he's actually quite intelligent. For a paladin, anyway (not a single negative modifier on Int/Wis/Cha department).

The 3.5th campaign I play in, is actually set in Golarion. Our DM decided he wanted to do something else than just 5th edition, so we started Rise of the Runelords (original).
    My character is a dwarven Paladin, currently at 3rd level. I'm planning him to take next 4 levels in fighter and then become a Dwarven Defender, something I've always wanted to play, but never had the chance, until now. I rolled his stats really good so he's one tough nut to crack. Which is good, since I'm basically the dedicated tank already.

The 4th edition campaign is, as far as I know, a homebrew campaign set in Faerūn. That's pretty much all I know or remember about it for now. The DM (different than on the two above) said the campaign has a story, and a plot to follow, so I'm excited nonetheless (not saying the other two campaigns didn't have, though). It's been a long time since I've played 4th edition, so I kinda jumped to the chance.
    The character I'm about to make is still in flux, despite having discussed about it in detail here.
    The other player(s) I've spoken to about my thoughts have said that I could, if I wanted to, play the sorcerer I initially planned, but I do wish to be able to contribute something that isn't already present (that being a defender). The cavalier seems awesome, but I'm having second thoughts about it, because it reminds me a little too much of the paladin I have in the 5th edition campaign as mentioned above. I'll have to think about this further. If you want to participate on that, feel free to join in the other thread.

Okay, that covers a bit of the characters I play. Now, onto the campaign I run.
    It's set in the same homebrew world as the first one mentioned (5th edition, not-quite-Dawn-War/Nentir-Vale), but in a different location, and not related to the events of the other. At least not directly. I do have plans to put it on hold soon, but I plan to run a small adventure that leads to a natural break, so to speak. After I'm done with that, I'll probably restart my Post Apocalyptic campaign I've been trying to run for a couple of times already, every time having it die down due to having to make up so many house rules because the systems haven't bent enough to meet the needs. This time, I think, it'll work well, as I'm planning to run it using Starfinder. Let's see how it goes.
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2017-12-19 at 05:31 PM.
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014