Well I'm of the mindset that I just want to blow things up with my mind and don't care about the nonsense, so I'm squared away there.

the "presentation of magical power without actually being magical" though is interesting. I guess I could see someone with enough knowledge, showmanship and tools to replicate magic without actually being magical. basically a con artist whose con is making it look like he is a wizard and thus making money off of showy tricks, convincing people talismans and amulets actually do something when they don't and it was the psychological power of your belief making you more powerful all along, and throwing bombs designed to look like fireballs somehow. I do like playing people who can lie and trick their way into success after all. I think I once tried that character concept in Ironclaw, but the game never got off the ground, so I never got explore its full potential. would like to try it someday again I guess. just some guy who goes around uses all the cunning and props he can to trick people into thinking he is the most mystical wizardly guy ever so that they listen to him, get his Bluff score through the roof, the works.....