Quote Originally Posted by krunchyfrogg View Post
Question 2: I can’t decide between booming blade or green flame blade. I’ve read that booming blade is generally a better choice, but I’m not sure I understand why. Also, the arcana clerics level 8 ability favors green flame blade. Or should I just choose both?
With the potent cantrips ability by the time you have it, it will apply to both the extra damage you get on the initial attack and also on the movement​ damage from BB plus the bounce damage from GFB. So pretty even if you ask me.

If you could let us know the rest of your cantrips that your starting with it might help.

I recently made an arcana cleric for a campaign that hasn't started yet with MI shillelagh as well. Cantrips list looks like this so far (not finalised):

Cleric picks:
Spare the dying
Light
Toll the dead (or Thaumaturgy if I dont take both GFB/BB)
MI Druid:
Shillelagh
Guidance
Arcana picks:
GFB
BB (or Ray of frost, Toll the dead would be dropped if RoF is taken. Mentioned above)

That's my list, but yeah it depends on whether you want flexibility to choose between the effects, do you want some control or just more damage? Keep in my mind for booming blade it's very nice with spirit guardians when you get it.