Quote Originally Posted by Xuc Xac View Post
If you're referring to the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, you are really wrong. Those aren't the 6 worst films in cinematic history. They aren't even the 6 worst films in Peter Jackson's filmography. He's made some awful films.

Seriously, I have no idea how he got the money to make the LotR movies. The only explanation is that he sold his soul to Satan. There was a behind-the-scenes interview with the producers when the first movie was in theaters. They said they went into Jackson's office to talk about some details after they had already signed contracts and they saw the posters of his previous movies on the wall and looked at each other and said "Oh God! What have we done?"
Yes, that's incredible. I saw Bad Taste and kept wondering, "how the heck did he get out of the B-movie splatter zone... with an overfunded colossal trilogy?!"

Apparently, he made it twice. First when he bought the rights to make the movie. Then when he found two production houses interested in the project.

And he managed to put both care and restrain in the LotR movies, avoiding the excesses that killed both Hobbit and Gorilla for me.