Dude, if I understand your background correctly, you're a biker. Which means you probably have a passing knowledge of how those work. I wouldn't want to step in on the tinkerer's territory, but I think a second scavenger might work, especially since you can carry the heavy stuff better, I assume. You don't tinker, you just try to scrounge up as much stuff as possible, don't let it go to waste. Reuse everything!

Admittedly, I am sorta getting the image of the Strong Silent Papa Biker Guy. You might not stand out on your own, but you're going to help those crazy kids do whatever it is they do. A strong arm does wonders in hauling scrap, holding down organ donors, and making sure customers don't get too violent with your uh, rogue.

Investing in intimidation seems viable. I get the feeling that the male prostitute might not have this particular skill. Even if the solider has it, you could work together to intimidate folks. You know, Bad Cop and Crazy and Will Eat Your Flesh Cop, a classic strategy!