1. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime/Manga Discussion 14: Second Cour

It's time for my quarterly game of "Which anime am I watching this season?" again. This last season I either didn't play properly or just got unlucky and only pulled one hit (Netjuu no Susume), so I'm doing my best to stay on top this time.

I'm up to three this time around:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san: I love the manga of this, and the anime is pretty much a 1:1 adaptation so far, with all advantages and disadvantages - it's just as funny as the manga, but it also has the same stories that the manga does. In the pilot, at least - let's hope for some anime-original material.

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho: Absolute top drawer animation. It has an original premise and it looks like it's going to be perfectly executed. Cannot recommend it enough (for all the two episodes I've watched)!

Citrus: I'm going to love this one, I'm pretty sure. It double-dips into the "forbidden love" barrel by not only featuring a lesbian couple, but a lesbian couple of (thankfully, only very recently assembled) stepsisters. One of them has big-time emotional issues (because love stories are boring if there's no work to be done), but the other one (who's the protagonist) seems pretty fun so far.

I also watched one episode of Ryuuou no Oshigoto. I only read the premise, and what I was hoping for was kind of like a Hikaru no Go (Except it's Shogi). I got... well. You know how when you watched Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon you were very grateful that they managed not to cross any lines with Kanna? That she's a kid, and the only one who lusts after her is another kid, and it's puppy love so it's okay? This one... crosses lines.

I also tried to watch Slow Start, but it looks like one of the less interesting high school slice of life moes I've ever seen, and there was only so much gratuitous rhythmic boobie-bouncing I could take.

I hear Violet Evergarden is supposed to be really good, so that's what I'm watching next. If you've tried to watch something so far that I didn't list, I'd be glad to hear your take on it!
    Last edited by Silfir; 2018-01-10 at 03:28 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.