Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
Hey all, so im gonna run a Rogue Trader game (starting tonight) using the DH 2e rules (and Rogue Trader rules for Ship Combat) and im just wondering what to look out for for when i front port Rogue Trader NPCs out of the book. Are they too much, are they weaker? etc.
For starters, I'm using RT rules, but with MathHammer AV -12 rules for ship combat (https://community.fantasyflightgames...-armour-count/). Things I've learnt about the RT stats:

For ships:
Ork ships are terrible. A sword w/ sunseer can take on 3 Ork raiders comfortably, even at level 1
Strike craft are terrifying (two squads of bombers may have made the explorers perform an emergency warp jump)
I'd expect an explorer vessel to punch one category above it's weight (explorer Frigate taking on Light Cruisers, explorer Light Cruiser besting Cruisers, etc)
Watch out for boarding, the RT's command value will quickly turn them into kerb stomps (and netting the explorers a new ship)

For ground:
The explorers won't be worried about any gun that doesn't have a pen of at least 2
Naval Shotcannons are hysterical for scaring explorers
Suppression fire will ruin the day of anyone with willpower < 40, but remember it works both ways (i.e. suppression hits everyone in the kill zone, not just enemies)
Normal humans may as well surrender if they don't have a soak of at least 8, or stupendous numbers
Ork bodies soak up ridiculous punishment, and that's without including Nobs/bosses (a boy literally ate a frag grenade and survived)
Space Marines aren't that scary unless they have power weapons, or stay back at range
Even lesser daemons are terrifying for anyone willpower < 60
Accurate weapons are deceptively powerful