1. - Top - End - #8
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Our Time Loop is Different: The Awesomeness that is "Mother of Learning"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I've been a fan for a while now, I love how the series takes what seems like basic D&D magic and digs into the mechanics of how it might work before spiraling off into something very much its own world and system. Once the series is over I actually plan to play around with making a savage worlds setting out of it. Also its funny. Some of the Xvim stuff later on had me rolling out of my chair I was laughing so hard.
    The moment Xvim showed up I assumed he'd eventually turn out to be some fantastic teacher who just needs a pupil who understands his style of teaching, and that his perfectionism would drive Zorian to great heights of skill. I was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Spoiler: Red Robes
    Show
    Hmm, I like the idea but I don't think it works. Red Robes never showed up on the search because he was likely already gone from the loop by the time they even started searching. Personally I think that they will be searching for Red Robes identity till the very end, and likely not discover it until they get out of the loop and go into the ver definitely final loop. The one where it all counts for real I am terrified to see who does and does not survive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Zorian has to recreate his simulacrums each loop. If Zorian can't make a simulacrum last through a reset, I really doubt Zach - or a simulacrum of Zach - can. Where would the simulacrum start each loop, anyway?

I think they're on the right track, but they still don't have the full picture and they don't know just what Red Robe learned during all his time looping. And they have no possible source of information on post-looping Red Robe until they leave the loop, since the loop itself erased everything he did since the loop's start, excepting only his interactions with Zach and Zorian and his removal of the Cyorian Web from the loop.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2018-02-18 at 01:24 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)