1. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Magic The Gathering Thread XXIII: Modern is Dead, Long Live Modern

Thank you Fable Wright for your opinion!

I truly appreciate your concern! To be honest, yeah, Im not into competive plays. I just wanna have fun. But in the same time, I have to play with strangers mostly because I dont have any friends in the city I am now to play with. So I have to consider that their WILL be competitive players trying to get familiar with competitive decks, ruining the fun of casual players like me.

It's in fact two of the reason I stopped playing magic to begin with. I lost my old friends who I played with and I had to play against such players. And that was when they didnt try to cheat with the rules or try to rip you off in trades.

Personnaly, I like ALL of the gargoyles cards. Stonecloaker is just the one with one of the effect I like the most: Flash. And it both save a creature as well as removing a card from graveyard, which I approuve.

After a bit of digging, I realized that the fearies deck also have Flash, a lot. But they are difficult to learn for a newbie like me. The Fearie Copter deck sound both cute, hilarious and fun to play. The decklist I found included ninjas too, I loved their ninjutsu Ability! It would also be the first time Im considering playing a blue deck in fact as I normally HATE blue decks that just counter your every moves as well as the sea creatures it often has. Its in fact one of the reason I considered having a EDH deck with Dragonlord Dromoka as its commander and with " Grand Abolisher " as one of the cards. I respect decks that "seals" better then one that "counter" your every moves

Thank you for pointing out the weakness of my build idea. When I was building it, I was splashing green for things like Nature Claim or Reverent Silence to both give me HP and giving the deck a few other cards that give LP to the opponent. But I wasnt comfortable in splashing in 3 colors as I never did before. And also most of the cards I thought off were not compatible in modern.

So for now, Im torned between a budget effective " Aristocrat " or " Faerie Copter " deck for normal playing... I dont know enough about EDH to know if my idea about Dragonlord Dromoka is a good one yet. Might make one with Athreos God of Passage if I can find a good deck for it?

I heard EDH can be quite easy on a budget since you need a lot of cards and the costly ones can have have 1 copy. It's true?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-02 at 05:28 AM.