1. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Magic The Gathering Thread XXIII: Modern is Dead, Long Live Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Short sword should possibly be in there as an easy way to enable Champion and Valduk.
    Jaya's Immolating Inferno shouldn't be in there with only 4 legendaries enabling it.
    Can't say I wasn't worried about only having four legendaries for Jaya's. I was mainly looking for an outlet for all the potential mana, beyond Tilonalli's Summoner, and Jaya's is currently the only "Fireball" in standard. Maybe something will come in with Core '19.

As for the Short Swords/Honed Khopeshes, I can put them where Jaya's was.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Nah should totally be running Honed Khopesh not Short Sword.

The cartouches may be a good fit for the deck, even if they do rotate in 5 months.
    I thought about the Cartouche, but I opted for larger boosts rather than a one time "can't block" effect.

Edit: Ok, guys. Here is version 2, now that I've gotten comments from here and r/deckbuilding. Link is still the same: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vald...ental-voltron/

Code:
    2 Blackblade Reforged
    4 Bomat Courier
    4 Cartouche of Zeal
    4 Champion of the Flame
    4 Dowsing Dagger
    3 Honed Khopesh
    3 Karn, Scion of Urza
    21 Mountain
    4 Prying Blade
    3 Short Sword
    4 Tilonalli's Summoner
    4 Valduk, Keeper of the Flame
    The changes amount to:
    -2 Jaya's Immolating Inferno
    -4 Powerstone Shard
    -4 Lightning Strike
    -4 Magma Spray
    -4 Giant Spectacle
    -4 Tilonalli's Crown
    -1 Mountain

+4 Bomat Courier
    +3 Honed Kopesh
    +3 Short Sword
    +2 Blackblade Reforged
    +3 Karn, Scion of Urza
    +4 Cartouche of Zeal
    +4 Prying Blade

Edit 2: I'm actually not quite sure about the Karns. As strong as he is, I think he belongs in something better than just a funny little project like this. I could probably get some, and this is probably the only deck I would use him in, though.
    Last edited by Suichimo; 2018-04-23 at 10:44 PM.