View Single Post

Thread: Fort Triumph - Fantasy XCOM meets OotS

1. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fort Triumph - Fantasy XCOM meets OotS

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    That said, there were a few points where the amount of information given was a bit minimal. How far things would move when shoves was a continual point of mystery, and there was some weird collision behavior in terms of diagonal shoves around corners and similar. Projecting an arrow that tells you how far and how things will move when hovering over with various movement mechanics would be really helpful.
    That is a suggestion I'd agree with. Shoving and such can be rather opaque, which is a shame given that it's one of your flagship mechanics.

I also found the way xp is distributed to be a little irritating - having it overwhelmingly reliant on getting the killing blow hurts less aggressive characters. It also makes for odd situations where you're actively making bad tactical decisions to maximise xp, avoiding kills with temporary characters to avoid them stealing it, etc. I'd much rather have it be equally distributed between all party members.

Also, is there any way to swap items between characters? I couldn't see it, and if it's not there it would really be nice to have. Just read the posts above, evidently not in yet but planned. Fair enough.
    Last edited by TheTeaMustFlow; 2018-05-04 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`