1. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Northlands Saga - Spears in the Ice OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Looking good, team! (& welcome, DrK!)

Nûk is totally fine. As is X-blooded, to be honest. That's just me bringing my own player-bias to the table.

Harpoon? Spear? Both have flavour but I suspect not as optimal as you'd like.

Seems reasonable to me. That won't break the game.

PS also note Nûk have Elemental Resistance (cold) instead of Elven Immunities.
    Glad to hear that Nuk is ok (sorry I keep leaving out the accent, hard to use on my phone).

I’m honestly not aiming too hard at optimal, just playing with the mental image I had of this wild northern warrior with a complex background, who venerates the animals but is also seeking out the lore and history of one of the old gods, Ullr. Part of that image was this fluid combat style that switches between a bow and some sort of heavy weapon. My mental image was actually a heavy pole or blade made of wood or bone with jagged spikes/edges. I think the harpoon idea might actually fit quite well, has the same raw feel and could easily be said to be made of wood and bone.

I’ll update the immunities to cold resistance. Any thoughts on the trait? I modeled it after one of the sailor ones, but I can go with something more generic if that’s better.

Edit: I think Harpoon is an exotic weapon, not sure I’m proficient out the gates with it.
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2018-05-16 at 07:18 PM.