Dawn Blossom took a deep, shaky breath.

"I ... yes, I'm sure," she said. "I ... it's my fault that my sister died. She was going to drop me off with some friends of the family, but I wanted to go with her. I wanted to go on an adventure with her, just one time, before she left. And ... I think she wanted to spend time with me as well. I wanted to see the world. And because of that, when the storm hit, we didn't have enough rations for both of us. I ... I understand that it will be dangerous. But I have to do this. I have to travel and learn. And not just because I've always wanted to, and not just because it's my fault, but because ... I have to know. I have to know what she discovered that was so important that some dark spirit was willing to kill for her diary."

Then she turned to address Clever Plan. "And I'm more than capable of fixing the ship. When I was trapped in that tent for weeks on end, all I had to read, besides books on the Frozen North, were schematics and blueprints for the Whinnylight. That's how I was able to save our lives with that wind shield trick back there."