View Single Post

Thread: The Crimson Echo OOC

1. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

Pretty sure you need to confirm that critical hit first.

I'll take care of the confirmation roll for you just to keep things moving, if you don't mind: (1d20+3)[11] vs. Giggles Touch.
    That'll just (barely) do 'er! Fry half-orc, fry!

Also, for splash weapons the target if hit only takes the direct hit damage, not the direct hit + splash (otherwise Alchemists would be insane given their splash damage is the minimum of a direct hit!)

From the rules - "A hit deals direct hit damage to the target, and splash damage to all creatures within 5 feet of the target."

I can see how the use of "all creatures within 5 feet of the target" could be interpreted to include the target itself as well, but I believe the intent is for target & "all creatures within 5 feet" to be two separate things.

Edit: Also, while technically you are under no direct threat with Giggles and Thug #4 at the bottom of a pit, I'm going to say that you are technically still in combat, and thus "rushed or hurried" and cannot Take 10 on Heal checks as a result.
    Once Giggles is dealt with, then I'd say you can Take 10 again.
    Not sure how I feel about that but I'd rather not set a precedent of "as soon as the bad guys are CC'd, you can do whatever you want".

Also, it's your turns again, as Giggles makes the least-effective threat ever.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-06-06 at 06:50 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed: