View Single Post

Thread: Ultimate Optimizer's Multiclassing Guide

1. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Optimizer's Multiclassing Guide

Hi, I am new here. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post character concept. If it is, you can give your thoughts about the multiclass combination, and disregard the fluff.

I just started playing D&D after 20 years pause, and as an old powerplayer, I started looking for ways to customize a premade Halfling Rogue (we were 5 players, not much time to create one from scratch).

Even though I emphasize roleplaying opportunities, I would like feedback if this build can also work strategically.

This is what I envision:

Cold Facts:
    Main Class: Rogue - Scout, Mastermind or Swashbuckler (which of these would fit best?)
    3 Warlock - GOO and Pact of the blade (GFB to boost damage)
    3 Fighter - Eldritch Knight to get multiclass spell table lvl 4 (4xlvl 1 spells and 3xlvl 2 spells+ pact magic and invocations). Second Wind, Defense and Action Surge will all help the rogue survive and deal extra damage.
    Bonus: I will have one Pact Weapon and 2 Bound Weapons available, perfect for a sneaky halfling infiltrator.
    Option to take either fighter(extra attack) or warlock(thirsting blade) to 5th in order to get 2 attacks (Mastermind grants one extra attack at lvl 17 Rogue, but I may never get that far).

At Lvl 20 total I will have something like: Deceptive Rogue 12/Bladepact Warlock 5/Eldritch Knight 3 (4/3/3 spell slots + Pact Magic and invocations)

RPG aspect:
    The rogue was attempted murdered (Glasstaff, no spoilers please), and I intend to play out the warlock gradually (puking leeches and such). I imagine he was in limbo/bardo and by some disturbance of the planes, he was tainted by the GOO. I hope to get a chance to use Arms of Hadar for revealing my warlock lvl. Thoughts about Warlock spells: (Infestation), Mind Spike, Hex, Devils sight.

If he gets too OP, he can go corrupt and get drawn into another dimension (taking an enemy with him ofc..)
    Last edited by Sir Stig; 2018-06-13 at 08:58 AM.