Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
Regarding outlier-style feats, I enjoy DB as a nerdy way to watch two characters dig into their arsenals. I'm personally less concerned with fairness.

That said, one battle did raise my eyebrows: when they handed a win to Kirby based on a cartoon where he tossed someone in a frying pan into the sun. That just felt really jarring.
Context: They had Kirby defeat Majin Buu by throwing him in the sun.

In Dragon Ball Lore, taking the entire expanded multiverse into context under DB's "consolidate multiple interpretations" policy, beings that were less Durable(Broly) have survived being thrown into the sun(in Broly second coming, Broly was killed when his heart exploded from stress after being blasted into the sun, the sun itself didn't harm him until after he was dead.) and Cooler, who is both less durable and significantly weaker was harmed by being thrown into the sun but survived and somehow escaped its gravity.

Kid Buu has killed via total atomization b the Super Spirit Bomb, which contained the total combined energy of the entire main cast as well as the billions of people of Earth. Even low balling it to an absurd degree, this is at least two or three times an amount of energy estimated to be enough to destroy the Earth's sun. At the highest reasonable level, with the entire expanded multiverse taken into context, this would have been hundreds of magnitudes greater than the amount of energy needed to completely destroy a Galaxy in seconds.

Even low balling the amount of power it took to bring Buu down, there's no way in hell that the surface of the sun would have had enough heat to completely atomize Kid Buu in the seconds it would have taken him to teleport back to Pop Star.

But no, Kirby can throw people into the sun and throw people into the sun is an automatic win against anyone who isn't explicitly able to survive explicitly that even when their demonstrated feats of durability would logically put them beyond the amount of damage that the sun could do.

(The same episode also assumed that every explosion capable of destroying the earth or a similarly sized planet must have the exact same properties to justify Kirby being more physically durable than Buu.)