Dergosh had easily fallen asleep again once the camp quieted down, dozing until the first hints of dawn forced their way through the thick foliage all around them. He rose for his bedroll and made his way to an isolated edge of the clearing where he seemed to carry on a loudly mumbled one-sided conversation.

He returned to the center of camp, vaguely noting that Ruk was nowhere to be seen, but focused on the anticipated conflict ahead. After eating a sparse breakfast—for who wanted to be overfed before a battle?—he addressed his companions. “Spirits of Greenbelt told us to watch out that we not become pincushions; I talk to Gruumsh about that. He tells me whoever leads the charge, Gruumsh’s armor will protect them, so not to worry.”

He looked around, with his eyes settling on Kuros. “I think goblin bandits most likely see you and think about all those arms, all those weapons, and probably shoot you first. I will put Gruumsh armor around you before we attack.”

Spoiler
Show
Dergosh will have one instance of entropic shield ready to protect someone. ON EDIT: Nevermind, upon closer review I see the range is “personal” only.