Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
Edit: Btw, I just realized how important aura of courage is for this oath in particular. And you only get it one level after you get fear. Basically, aura of courage pretty much singlehandedly solves the ''friendly fire'' problem of fear. It's like a cost-free careful spell on steroids! This alone makes the sorcerer dip a lot less appealing than what I first thought. Also, lowers the need for a good initiative somewhat, in the hope to cast a fear before my silly allies get in the way. And being only one level away from getting fear, I cannot think of an optimized conquest paladin mc build that focuses on lockdown without at least 10 paladin levels. Heh, I am slowly making progress...
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. I'll keep it in mind for the next time I update the guide. You've given me a lot to think about (in a good way), particularly with sorcerer multiclassing. And I'll be honest, the benefits of Aura of Courage seemed pretty marginal to me before you pointed out how it protects against "friendly fire." I definitely plan on including some commentary about that in my next update.