1. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: DnD 5E Homebrew Class: The Exemplar | Would like to hear your constructive feedba

Version 2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sX...xxrV09laV5MYgY

I have updated my character class today! and now have a version 2.0 for everyone to see! I wrote down a summary of changes below:

Version 2.0 "patch notes"

CORE CLASS

Hit Points:
    - 1d10+1 changed to 1d12

Proficiencies:
    - weapon proficiencies reduced from all simple weapons to "daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows"
    - saving throws changed to "see class features", Elemental Energy gets WIS and CHA, Enhanced Strength gets STR and CON, and Enhanced Speed gets DEX and INT.

Equipment:
    - "any simple weapon" changed to "quarterstaff"

Superior Resilience:
    - No more +1 to Hit Point bonus per level, now it's a +2 damage reduction. Let me know about this choice of change.

Superior Athleticism:
    - Simplified everything to be 1 stamina point spent when you must make a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check, and that bonus lasts for 1 minute.

Heightened Senses:
    - Removed Wisdom from the calculation, now it's just 2 stamina points spent for a flat +3 bonus to one attack roll or one DEX saving throw. I also thought about making it 1 SP for +1 bonus, 2 SP for +2 bonus, and 3 SP for a +3 bonus, which might be a better alternative.

Adrenaline Rush:
    - If you fall below 4 SP, you will be at 4 SP at the start of a new combat encounter.

Ultimate Resilience:
    - Resist all except psychic and necrotic. It's still really strong, but at least you have some weaknesses now.

ELEMENTAL ENERGY:

Saving Throws:
    - Now added under subclasses

ENHANCED STRENGTH:

Saving Throws:

Bonus Proficiencies:
    - Removed proficiency with martial weapons, instead you get your extra weapon proficiencies under "Strength over Speed"

Strength Over Speed:
    - Carry capacity is doubled here at level 1 and will be quadrupled later at level 11
    - You gain proficiency in any melee weapon that is versatile, two handed, or heavy. This makes much more sense to me now written like this.

Overwhelming Strength:
    - Hurl objects damage reduced to 3d6, 6d6, 9d6, 12d6, 15d6, and 18d6. and weight ranges adjusted slightly to make heavier objects more expensive Stamina Point-wise.

ENHANCED SPEED:

Saving Throws:

Bonus Proficiencies:
    - Removed proficiency with martial weapons, instead you get your extra weapon proficiencies under "Speed over Strength"

Speed Over Strength:
    - You gain proficiency in any weapon that has finesse or ammunition properties. This makes much more sense to me now written like this.

Incredible Speed:
    - Obviously removed proficiency to DEX saving throws since now you get it at level 1
    Last edited by Xyrz; 2018-10-06 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot the Link