Edit: Actually, it occurred to me this morning, Creation feels very much like it could be the fluff text for some unknown wargame (ala BattleTech or Warhammer World). By which I mean, the world narrative seems explictly set-up to keep the statues quo of repeated wars and factionalism; which, if this were actually a wargame background (which it isn't, obviously), would be explictly there to provide people with reasons to play the battles. And, for that, you sort of don't want any good guys, because it's much easier to find reasons for neutral and evil to fight each other than good with good or neutral. An interesting thought.
I think i already commented a bit on this in one of the spoilered posts, mainly about how the system mainly seemed to be designed to prevent one side from achiving a complete victory.
When good wins it retire to live happily ever after. When evil wins, it has to deal with increasingly more powerful heroes until it stops winning, and a new reset hits, as both sides now have to go and raise fresh champions.
I also suspect that the degree to where the gods above will intervene depends on how lasting effects the evil victory will have. We saw that occupying Fantasy Poland (love that term :P) barely got a response above level 1 heroes starting to spawn in the area. But someone trying to pull down the moon would likely have the scales tipped significantly against them.

I will repeat my claim that the majority of heroes are actually good though. We have just not seen that many of them. We got William who divides people. We got some people in his band who barely had any screentime before killed. We have also quite a few neutral names. Like Thief, who still stray towards the side of good all the same. And we got all of regular heroes who as such seem good in the short about of time they get before they die. I think its more that the most genuine good nation seems to be occupied by the evil empire. The rest seems mostly neutral.

Edit: The reason I ask is I often find Cat obnoxious myself, especially in book III which became barely readable at points, but I didn't have an issue with the core concept of wanting to prevent magic wars from breaking out constantly even if it cost allying with the people who start them.
My biggest dislike there were the period where she did not have any meaningful/competent good opposition. It changed thankfully.