1. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

Barracks - Blanche's Room

The catgirl pauses her routine disassembly to observe the summoned weapon, her piercing eyes studying the wicked edge with a fairly appreciative look. "I understand that - I'm the same way with ballistic firearms." She explains as she resumes her work. Plasma and laser weaponry have their advantages... but personally, they just don't feel right. There's something about ballistics that feel much more visceral. The recoil, the whiff of propellant, the sound of the bolt sliding into place as it chambers another round... they feel like they really are deadly, y'know? Laser weapons lack that, it's a weird sort of dissonance I really don't like." Glancing back at the blade, she adds "Can't weigh in on those though. I've never actually held a blade, much less fought with one. Not that it stops me from doing a lot of cutting in the field, of course."
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2018-12-10 at 08:27 PM.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.