After Adalbert grabs his reward, he starts to monologue: Oh it was nothing Lady Deverin. The others did all the work. I just happened to be of assistance limiting casualties. But this money is sorely needed to further my research. I was actually hoping to learn something about the Old Light and its technology since it is apparent that your new chapel does not possess protective magic against fire that I could learn. The halfling's face gets serious for a minute: The city state I call home is about to be overtaken by Chelish warships any month now. We desperately need some way to turn the tides if it ever comes to an open battle. Currently the squabbles inside of Cheliax are the only thing keeping us alive. But for now, I assume it is most beneficial to help you, and get on Zantus' good side to maybe learn of his divine blessings.

Aristotle doesn't need to be sold right now as he feared just a day ago. In fact he may be able to live well a little time longer but Adalbert was not that shortsighted. He wouldn't dish out his cash if he needed it right now. Maybe these goblins have some sort of powerful magic with them that could help too. he finally thinks.