Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
He does. He just wants to get swap out absolutely everything that doesn't directly help him with blasting spells for something that does. For skills this means maxing out his concentration and spell craft and dropping everything else, as well as dropping his intelligence to the point where he has almost no skill points to begin with.
As I have said multiple times now, I don't think you should allow him to drop his numbers on intelligence that much, if at all. But if he want to change his skills towards those things... frankly, I don't see any problem as long as it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I honestly can't think of a system where those things I mentioned wouldn't be skill checks.

I am sure they exist, but I have played AD&D, 3.X, 4E, 5E, Pathfinder, Star Wars, GURPS, Shadow Run, Exalted, oWoD, nWoD, Riddle of Steel, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Call of Cthulhu, Dark Heresy, and I am sure a few more I can't recall as well as having read dozens of others and as far as I can remember all of them involved fairly heavy skill usage for wilderness survival, social encounters, and investigations.
You mentioned:
Defense: Not affected by skills
Speed: Not affected by skills
good deal of his ability to act tactically: Not really sure what you mean by this.
Maneuverability: Affected by some skills.