I had a weird dream last night. The dream went that there was a second made version of Skyrim that was made after the first was such a success, a 5.5 game that you play around the same time but with a different character in a different location. In my dream, I was willing to give this game a chance again, for it felt like it did indeed come out a few years after Skyrim came out and I "remembered" being disappointed with it. For the rest of the dream I was playing the game and every different thing about it 'reminded' me on why I was disappointed with this particular game being released to coincide with Skyrim (Despite the game in real life never existing!)

The game was about 1/10th the size of Skyrim itself and positioned in the middle of a box canyon. The game was buggy as hell and most of the quests I tried broke with "familiar different bugs that I remembered broke the quests the first time I 'played' and they appeared again in this playthrough". The shouts were all different and not at all helpful (FUS-RO-DAH was taken out) and there were not dragons or walls of words for you to get more shouts, but a different way involving the Dremora that required a special kind of effort to unlock, and it was a lot more effort to unlock shouts with them being not too impressive anyways. The perk system was completely changed where the perks would allow you to do special maneuvers instead of strict benefits, where some maneuvers would have your character keep stepping forward and slashing for 5 seconds, where the enemy stepped out of the way after the 1st second, so your character is slashing at nothing for 4 seconds and you can't break him out of it. It was just bad and disappointing.

The weirdest part was, I couldn't shake the feeling I played this exact game before and was "coming back" to give it another chance, only for it to be disappointing me again. When I woke up I needed a minute to remind myself that this horrible game did not exist! It was a weird dream...