1. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    My impression was that Tsukiko was expelled over illegal necromancy, not because she lacked ability or dedication. She is passionate and insightful regarding her work.
    I am not doubting her ability to know her stuff, I am doubting her ability to slog through University. I am sure modern-Tsukiko can reanimate dead tissue with copious amounts of electricity and a good evil cackle. I doubt she can get a paper saying that she is qualified for the job. In modern times, that means that you don't get the job, even if you are eminently qualified for it. Now, it is true she could choose to buy herself a labcoat and go into business on her own, and I suppose in a modern fantasy setting à la Shadowrun she might get funding from less-than-legal sources that might get her enough cash to fund a full lab. That said, it still doesn't feel right to me; maybe is her motherly attitude towards her undead, I just can't picture her as a rubber gloves-and-labcoat kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Ding ding ding! That means you win.

But yeah, in reading order, Special Agent Miko, Lawyer Celia, Hacker Haley, Hooker/Maneater Sabine, Mortician Tsukiko, DJ Elan, Hitman Tsukiko and Veteran Roy. (The signature weapon is a big enough part of Roy's MO that I'd figure he has to be part of some military org or other, like maybe a neighbourhood watch or local militia.)
    Oh, all the others I had absolutely no issues with - excellent re-imaginings. About the only thing is that maybe Roy's weapon should be a bit behind the times, to indicate it is a family heirloom - maybe an old six-shooter? But then, for all I know weapons the rifle you gave him is already an old style Winchester, and I just can't tell.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-02-25 at 10:59 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est