View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown X

1. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown X

Elsa and Sieghard, Bunthafen camp

Spoiler
    Show
    "I see me, but it's a different me. There's an army at my back, more men than I can count. And my clothes and armor are finer. It's Captain Sforza's armor..."

Elsa snorted. "It shows me something along the same lines," she said, taking her mirror back and glancing down at her reflection. "I first wondered if it was a vision of the future, but the more I think about it, the more I believe it's trying to tempt me... with all the subtlety of a man in a hooded cloak dangling candy in front of children."

She shrugged and shoved the mirror inside her backpack. "At least I don't think this little thing is dangerous on its own, but I'll keep it out of reach of any impressionable fools."

On the way back to Savonne

Elsa was in higher spirits than usual on the trip to Savonne, despite the lack of success of the Harmugstahl expedition. In front of the new recruits, she tried to cut a both enigmatic and reassuring figure; the mighty wizard who they would all want to impress, be honored to fight beside, and trust to protect them. She never missed an opportunity to show off Morrslieb's supernatural intelligence, but when asked to demonstrate her powers, she went into great detail about the horrible consequences of disrespecting the Winds; all the better to awe them with the trials and dangers she faced as a wizard.

Privately she hoped that some strong lasses could be convinced to bolster their ranks and make Hanna and the others feel less alone, but her hopes were in vain.

Savonne

“How long is this wretched war going to drag on?” Irene Sforza demanded. “That stubborn pig of a Breton should have had the decency to surrender weeks ago.”
    "Comes with the territory of being a man, I suppose," said Elsa glumly. "But we'll be the first to rule the unified Reaches in longer than anyone can remember. Hopefully we can make it last."

She was glad that Valdes was being put to a better use. The man was being wasted here in Savonne. She welcomed an opportunity to work with him again.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll try to come up with detailed plans for Elsa over the weekend. She would love to look at the writings she brought back from Harmugstahl, but she might also be needed on Sieghard's foraging expedition to scare some peasants into giving up their food stores. Was Sieghard intending to give his new recruits some training (e.g. basic discipline stuff) before departing? Or is he leaving them behind under the care of a lieutenant/drillmaster?
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2019-03-08 at 10:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.