1. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimisation Challenge in the Playground XCVIII

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    They're mentioned in passing on page 52 as being a bunch of people who ask if you've ever really looked at your hand, but detail beyond that is scant. Does anyone know if they're referenced in other books? Complete champion maybe? googling just brings up mind's eye web articles. I think information about them might just not exist, which is super helpful as always from planar handbook
    I don’t think they were a thing in the actual 2e Planescape setting, or at least not a big thing. My copy of The Factol’s Manifesto, which really dives into both the philosophy behind and also the on-the-ground Sigilian politics of each of the major factions, doesn’t mention them. (It is a delightful book. HIGHLY recommended if you happen to see a copy in a used bookstore somewhere.)

Which, again, at least means that the Planar Handbook isn’t just crapping on interesting preexisting lore by saddling it with godawful mechanics (as the book is wont to do), but it does raise the question of exactly why the hell this class exists and what possible design goal it’s serving.

I fully expect some wonderful entries. I’m becoming less convinced that I’ll be a participant: my time over the next few days is getting very rapidly claimed, and there’s no way in hell I’ll get anything in once class starts back up on Monday. But stranger things have happened, I suppose.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2019-03-14 at 10:26 PM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~