Quote Originally Posted by Edreyn View Post
Can he be a creature from a children folklore and fairy tales?

I tried to use Akinator to try if it finds out who MitD can be. Of course, the first result was Monster in the Dark, so I chose this as "wrong" answer, and kept on guessing.
So, after about 70 questions, Akinator twice gave the "Boogeyman" answer. At this stage, I stopped, and moved to Wikipedia.
And, I found out about creature named "Coco".
Yes. An interesting find, and I'm sorry you are buried in yet another fruitless* discussion about sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jineon View Post
Waiting for a Team Evil appearance, we can settle for the little clues we have.

I'm still trying to understand the art of the Escape scene (the glowing eyes). That's not how magic usually works and Laurin's psionics didn't really work that way either.

#1160 has:
- a spell-like ability cast without speaking its name (no eyes, so neither glow nor no-glow);
- Roy's eyes glowing when using his sword's powers;
- Durkon's eyes not glowing when using the returning property of his hammer.

Do the powers of an ancestral weapon come from the bearer rather than the weapon? Would Durkon's eyes not glow because he's using his weapon's magic while Roy's eyes do because the magic he uses comes from him (and is channeled in some way through the weapon)?

The color of the eyes and the glowing when using magic seems somewhat inconsistent to me and I can't really see a pattern there. Maybe I'm just trying too hard and this is just some artistic glitter ink on some magic effects thrown in for awesomeness sake.
The legacy item description could be taken to describe a power that develops within oneself with the item as a focal point. So I wouldn't think it too much of a stretch to get to 'glowing eyes mean an internal power unlike cleric, wizard or sorcerer spells or psionic abilities or abilities embedded directly within an item'. Not sure if there is an index of 'glowing eye' occurrences; I can't dig deeper until after work. But I like this line of thinking.

* "fruitless" because no one seems to be changing anyone else's mind, the size limit for the FBS was just voted on, and the FBS doesn't really matter in the end. If I get bored tonight I'm going to work on a replacement suggestion I just thought of...