View Single Post

Thread: Loot Deck Design

1. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Loot Deck Design

Quote Originally Posted by Erfar View Post
    I wanna build for my party loot deck with gems, golds, artifacts. When party find tresure - them draw cards and keep them
    How I should create loot deck or decks and decide how many cards should draw party? I wanna give party lot of consumes like potions, magic arows and oil, scrolls
    I'd take two decks and separate them, one for high level stuff and one for low level stuff.

Have each suit represent a specific thing.

Spades are aggressive consumables, with numbers representing the number of arrows and Face cards representing special oils that change a mundane weapon to have special abilities.

Clubs are your Scrolls, with the level of the spell being 1/2 of the value of the card they draw, rounded up. Face cards are special, being a specific Scroll of your choosing of level 6 or higher (but no higher than what any player can cast).

Hearts are potions, with numbers representing the amount of healing that dosage provides, Faces being special buff potions that act as a spell without Concentration.

Diamonds are various valuables, with the number reflecting the object's value x50. Face cards are worth x1000.

Take all the face cards and set them aside. Take all the 1's, 2's and 3's and set them aside.

Take what's left of one deck and add all the 1's, 2's and 3's for your low value treasure pile. This is for chests that they find randomly, or in case they uncover minor secrets.

Now take all of the Face cards and what's left of the second deck. This is for the chests that they find that have been specially guarded by the bosses, or kept in highly secretive treasuries.

I'd say that a team draws 1 card for every 2 players when they would draw from the deck, getting more or less cards based on the difficulty of obtaining it.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-04-05 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!