Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
Rambling Shop - Lum

"These may be calling to you, Lum, but they're not broken. I wouldn't fix them hastily any more than I could bring myself to fix you." Damaged, worn, but not broken. Never broken. It's as plain to him as the beak on his face, "Some of them are damaged beyond usefulness, and those I will have you help with. But in order to help them, we must first help your tools." Grabbing a banker's box out from under his small collapsing work shelf, he hauls it up to the shelf with a grunt and some effort. It's full of old, second-hand tools that they can scavenge parts from or use in the fixing.

"Now, what's most useful in first? Which of these would help fix the others first?" Because if the tools fix each other, that will only increase the scope of the story here.
Rambling Shop - Lum

The little insect woman seems to ponder over the question very heavily when she returns to where her tools have been laid out. She runs her more delicate hand over each of them, and even she can't help but look worriedly over every piece. She traces her fingertips over the wear lines, stress fractures, and spot welds before finally stopping when she gets to her little plasma cutter. Lum takes it and gives it a few attempts at ignition, only succeeding upon her sixth click of the switch to produce a small flickering light at the end. It fades after just a few moments, the tool proving erratic at best, but she nods and sets it back down before tapping it twice. That was the one that'd be best suited at helping to repair the other tools. It was the most complex as well however.