View Single Post

Thread: Shattered Star (Pathfinder, IC)

1. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star (Pathfinder, IC)

Asher's morning star leaves a visible depression in the creatures skull as he kills it out right.

With all the commotion, Sheila and Koriah enter the room with weapons drawn. As Sheila realizes that the trouble is already sorted, she looks a bit less annoyed. "What happened?" Not waiting for an answer, she continues. "I should have guessed there was more to the box than a simple lock. But it seems you handled it quite capably. I would like to keep hold of the box, but anything in it is yours. You deserve that much for minimizing the damage these Pugwampi could have caused to my library."

"It seems we missed some excitement" Koriah adds. "I hate to leave so soon, but I have business elsewhere that needs attending. I will finish my debrief with you later, Sheila. Take care adventurer's." With that said, Koriah leaves and shuts the door behind her.

Sheila settles herself into a chair. "“First, allow me to apologize for that unpleasantness regarding the gremlins—but it does provide an excellent object lesson. The life of an adventurer is not one for the weak-hearted. That you not only took care of the gremlins but also got the box open in the first place is all the confirmation I need that my gut was right—you’re the perfect group for the job I have in mind.

You see—I’ve recently had trouble with one of my informants here in Magnimar, Natalya Vancaskerkin. She’s a half-Varisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni—I’m not sure with which group. A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarnis’ methods of uncovering something often involves an armed robbery or breaking into somebody’s personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me to discuss this find three days ago.

She never kept that promise—instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I’m hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well.

It seems likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she’s discovered. And this is where you enter, my friends. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I’m more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I’d like to keep all of this quiet—if you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot ofpeople know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable—that’s a big part of why I’m coming to you, as new members of the Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don’t yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such, the lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk.

So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better—bring it back to me and I’ll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. And if you can bring Natalya back alive for me to speak to, I’ll double that!
    "

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    The items in the box are: three garnets (50gp each), a masterwork silver dagger and a ring of feather falling. Also award 200xp to your characters
    Last edited by hobbes543; 2019-04-08 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Forgot the loot!
    by Tomb Raven