1. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing Right Now, Part 2: Daggerfall

OK, so about a month ago, the battery of my laptop started to swell to the point where the laptop wouldn't lie flat anymore (I'm told this is by design). I took it in for replacement. After verifying that the battery was on its last legs, and agreeing to replace it, they ran "one more test, to see if anything else is wrong". The test killed my laptop dead - wouldn't start, wouldn't acknowledge external inputs.

Long story short, they gave me a new one, for the cost of the battery alone. I can now play Warhammer Total War at max specs, which had crawled at min specs in the old laptop. I'm hoping I'll also be able to play Mechwarrior, next time it goes on sale.

(I did lose a bunch of unlocks in my games, though, which sucks - especially in renowned explorers, where I had all the characters and all but one of the cards. But nothing else, since I had backed up the important bits. I just had balked on backing up the game folder due to its size)

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-04-15 at 11:45 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    I would say that's the dumbest theory Grey Wolf's heard, but, let's be honest: It's Grey Wolf. They've probably heard dumber theories today. Point is, neat idea, but it's a real stretch.
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est