Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post

See that's what i mean about the drastic differences. Sensing danger, predicting, those are reasonable. being actually able to see the future 20/20, and now luffy is seemingly doing it to. That's an extraordinary ability for it just being a technique that anyone can learn from hard work (which i know is pretty ironic thing to say, considering we are talking about a shounen, but that's like one punch man levels of ridiculousness.)
*shrugs*

Haki is pretty tame as far as those types of abilities go. I think the natural progression of "feel the future" is "see the future", so it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
I agree, but... devil's advocate

Maybe a large reason they are all so different is because the source is legitimately confusing. I've read some of those sbs corner and Oda seems to be pretty loosey goosey on details.

To quote the wiki, "However, Oda has said that it does not damage him because while the Diable Jambe burns hot, Sanji's heart burns hotter".

Sanji's foot is molten, not on fire, molten. You telling me, it being Haki is only a theory? The prevailing thought is that it's just friction?

At least with Haki you could just say he super heated the outer layers with friction and the inner layers were stopping him from being burnt.

That's what i mean about jarring. You don't even agree with the idea of it being haki way back then.

This is why i don't poke at the logic of one piece and just go with stuff.
There's four kinds of abilities in One Piece: Haki, Devil Fruits, Technology, and Weird ****.

Diable Jambe is Weird ****. So is Elizabello's "I store energy when I workout and can unleash it all at once in a single punch" Punch and so on.