Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
Definitely. The team structure was superficially almost exactly the same on both. Dual regen teams with FWG cores always look a little alike, but we had a lot of similarities beyond just that: both teams used SD Garchomp, Torn-T, a specially defensive Grass-type, Heatran and an offensive Steel-type mega. But as tgva mentioned, tgva's team took that basic structure in a balance direction with things like Scizor and Pex (although it was far from passive thanks to triple Swords Dance), while I used a team that shifted things offensively with four attacks Mawile, stallbreaking offensive Heatran and Specs Ash-Gren.

I think I always had a decent matchup advantage just because four attacks Mawile is such a pain for balance teams to deal with, especially if Toxapex ever gets trapped by Heatran, and my own Heatran did really well against everything but Garchomp. For me most of the early game was about trying to get tgva's Garchomp and Heatran weakened or removed so that my Heatran and Mawile could come in strong, and once my HP Ice + EQ AV Tangrowth opened those up for me, I pretty much just stuck to making safe plays until I saw an opportunity to get one of those two in.

Good game, tgva. Was a fun one.
Both of you have a great team. Also I just learn from my experience from this tournament that I have more fun enjoying myself.