I'll vent out some negativity.

The obvious one is "Hey reader, are you looking forward to a recap party?".

The second one is how slowly this is moving. One whole page to set up a date we didn't see, then one whole page to have the idea of a party. Now a page that accurately examines everyone's feelings about a party proposal. At last, in the yesterday's page, we have something interesting: a weekend-cliffhanger about why Susan doesn't want to talk about magic (I mean, I don't think anyone is holding his breath about the chance that the party doesn't come to be; actually, that could be a good way to create friction drama).

Panel 5 was unnecessary. The "YOU" in panel 1 could have been bolded, and it would have had the same meaning. And, about panel 3, why insist on the rescheduling of a meeting that has to happen anyway, and would have happened in a way that had something to do with the expected plot (train Ashley)? Panel 4 is a recap of what Elliot and the reader understood during the previous pages.

I mean, this isn't all bad. As usual, the care Dan puts into depicting his characters is painstaking. We get to see their psychological processes, and they all fit. His characters feel like people you know. But I get the feeling of an absolute lack of propulsion. It doesn't really feel like a story, more like archival footage.

OK, upon further reflection, it IS a story. The story of an idea. The idea being: "Let's throw a party!". And how uninteresting I find it is probably the only real problem I have with it, and the rest is nitpicking.