My wife and I have been trying to get fit all year. It's mostly going great - we're just doing Weight Watchers and occasionally going to the park or gym (maybe once a week), but I'm down over 20 lbs to 166 (started the year at 189).

The big thing for me is meal prep. Weight Watchers is all about "points" for a meal, and we've had to find creative ways to eat healthy and well without spending a ton of cash or blowing all our points. Some of our new favorite meals are...

"Mini Quiches"
: We've been making a huge batch of these every three weeks and freezing them. Makes for a quick and filling breakfast for just 1 point. It is by base not gluten free or vegetarian but could easily be made to be so.

Shredded Chicken: Weekly we just hand-trim some chicken breast and cook it in our instant pot, then freeze it. It's a quick way to add a bit of protein to a sandwich, soup, breakfast burrito, taco, or quesadilla without a lot of fuss.

Tortellini Soup
White Chicken Chili
Stir-fried Veggies and Beef
"Tostadas" with homemade two-ingredient bread
Chicken Tikka Masala
White Wine and Fennel Glazed Chicken
Garlic Teriyaki Chicken
Southwest Style Pork Tenderloin

We also do a whole lot of "lightly seared meat + microwaved vegetable" dinners, with a rotation of seared pork chops, steak, sea scallops, or shrimp alongside a big serving of asparagus, green beans, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts. On the Weight Watchers scale all of these are less than 8 points per meal and a few of them like the Chicken Tikka Masala are functionally "zero points" (although in practice you'll probably end up with some bread or rice with it). If anyone is shopping for light meal recipes I am happy to post them

Exercise remains elusive. I am disabled, which limits what I can do. We're toying with buying some free weights and trying to strength our cores - any suggestions or advice? I'm starting to plateau and would like to drop another 10 pounds by the Holidays to be at a nice healthy weight.