View Single Post

Thread: What plot twist most disappointed you?

1. - Top - End - #260
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What plot twist most disappointed you?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    This is a vast representation of my point because it is not my point at all. I.e. a strawman.

Grey Wolf
    Alright, then why do you feel I was quoting your argument when i said that terodil was arguing about an Air Bud exception in the law? Because... they are. That is literally what's in the original story we're discussing. That is what I believe is their very first post in the thread, the one I quoted, is talking about.

How else would you describe the original story element which we are discussing?

Or are you going to say it's a mischaracterization of the story as well?

If it's not a mischaracterization of the story that we're discussing, and it doesn't represent your point, it wasn't about your point but about the story we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The Air Bud thing always makes me think of my soccer referee training, where we were asked as a serious question "What if an emu escaped from the zoo and ran across the goal, blocking a shot from going in?" It was a thought exercise in "What do you do if the utterly ridiculous happens" that has stuck with me.

By the way, the answer was a drop ball where the shot was blocked. After you red card the emu and send it to the stands for unsportsmanlike behaviour.
    Emu are nothing if not unsportsmanlike.
    Last edited by AstralFire; 2019-05-07 at 04:17 PM.