Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
The Shogun slumps next to you. The fight goes out of her.

"I'm old," she said. "I don't look it but I'm so old. I've been doing this for so long. And it doesn't feel like things are any safer than when I started. I wanted... I wanted to at least protect the city until the Silver Royals were gone, but what if they never leave? What if they're around forever? When I had my friends with me I thought I could do it, but they all drifted away and I was the only one who stayed... I thought one day I'd be able to retire but..." she sniffs, wipes her eyes, "I can do this for a little longer. You're right. It never ends."
Oh thank god. Thank god, thank god, thank god. That's two out of four threats fully neutralized. Plus herself if she's being honest. Errant pushes herself back off the ground and into a sitting position, so she can at least get a good view of what's actually happening right now. She just bought Turbo Knight a lot of time. Maybe too much time. But still: thank god. She wipes her eyes, and then the rest of her face.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Errant says instead of anything useful, "I just wanted to help. I wanted to show you that I could do it. But I can't walk. I messed up. I'm sorry. I'm still such a kid."

But despite everything, she still has one good surge in her left leg. And she's still got her arms. She may not look it or sound it, but she's still in the fight. One more. One more move, one more window of opportunity, one more chance to make a difference. So find it, Euna. Find it and end this. The right way.