Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
For the Paid only version, let me sum up:

Aside from the straw that broke the camels back, he was super up front about everything. I hope the break lets him get his life in order enough to get back to the story people want.
Thank you. I appreciate the summery. Doesn't sound like anything is here that needed to be behind a paywall. There is a lot of good will to be had by being honest with ALL the readers. I mean, can you imagine what would have happened if all the cancer posts were behind a paywall? I can tell you that his donations would NOT have jumped by over 1000$ if he had been secretive.

I doubt the break will gain any new ability to tell the story. The last good idea he had was finally setting it in stone that you don't get paid if the update is late. That lasted a good year of regular content. I guarantee that run will NEVER happen again as long as rain or shine is an option. I also think he's going down the wrong lane by saying he needs a bigger staff. His comic operation is much more complicated than it needs to be. If 2-3 people isn't enough to make a comic, you got issues. A writer, a main artist, and an assistant artist, if you really need it. How many times have we had new art teams? How many kickstarters to fund them?

Just kickstarter after kickstarter for every new expense, and he's already making THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for every page he writes. He can even kick back and do text based pages, that can be under 1k words. The amount of flexibility he has in his job, plus the amount of money he gets, is mind blowing, and I feel he downplays it way too much. I think he could do more than he does. I know he's got a lot on his plate, he could do more, millions of people are forced to do more and don't have even a tenth of what he's got.

On top of that, the story is simply not grabbing people like it used to. No one says that book 4 is a high water mark for Erfworld. <Shrugs>