My complaint: All spells known makes wizards cry. Should have a spellbook, or at the very least, some kludged up version of a spellbook, like a mechanics manual or etched metal plates... something. All spells known makes no sense. They aren't getting these from some outside or divine source... they just what, traveled around before taking a level; a soldier or folk hero or hermit and just poof! "Huh, I suddenly know so many spells!"

My likes: I hope they revise the beast master to follow the battle smith. Heck, I'd be happy with a "familiar-esque" animal companion that's just a nature spirit in wolf form type thing. Makes just as much sense to be able to resurrect such a critter with a spell slot expenditure and can heal it the same way. A physical manifestation of a spiritual being can let you do exactly the same stuff as the battle smith's pet - magical attack, boosts to abilities, etc. (I find it odd that the Iron Defender has +4 to their perception, their perception increases with caster PB, but their passive is 10. With a 10 Wis, it should be +2 and 12; so... yeah.)

I also really really like they're taking some concepts from 4E that I've been using for months now. Personally, the artificier as built out, makes a better example of the next iteration of D&D (5.5 or 6th) as it introduces a few too many new mechanics that aren't in the base game, but I'm happy to see WotC at least think about incorporating these ideas.

Overall: The class definitely needs a bit of refinement. It's a cleric/mage/thief class that brings too much from each into the fold. And the subclasses bring the class over the top. The base would be sufficient, honestly.